Hi! Well observations are going great! The teacher and students are all really nice. Friday, which was my third time going to my school, was a very busy day! I graded papers, and organized folders for most of the day which was a really good experience. I was tired later on though! Have you guys graded or done other similar task for your classes yet? Also, the math concepts first graders are learning are challenging for them. My class is doing the machine concept of addition/subtraction. So its like saying, " if the number is 2 and plus 2 is put in. What comes out ?" This was hard for the first graders, and my teacher had to stop and reteach them this, on the day I came.
On Saturday, for my Music for the Elementary School teacher class, I went to a workshop for music educators/ elementary school teachers at William Patterson. It was interesting, although a long day. I did find some of the workshop challenging, like the two hours the music teachers spent going over the recorder. It is amazing how since observing and taking other classes, how much elementary school students are learning!
No comments:
Post a Comment