Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ED 340: Today's Observations & Writing

Today, I went to my school that I am observing at for ED 340. I don't normally go on Tuesday's so it was interesting to go on a different day. Today, I was a scribe for one of the students, meaning I had to write for them. I had to write for them because the student while in kindergarten, had recieved very little attention on writing, at their previous school. So now, this student is just learning what most of their classmates already know how to do. This student can barely hold the pencil, after long periods of time, they get very tired since writing is so new too them. I can not believe that wherever this student went to school previously, did not teach what they should have, like at all. Basically the teacher told me " that he really didn't have a kindergarten", particularly in the area of writing. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? This makes me angry that somethig like this could happen to one of my students, or to one of my own kids in the future. Has any one seen this or heard of this at any of their schools?

No comments:

Post a Comment