I thought I would write about the people who may work in schools that you might not realize are even there. Physical therapist and athletic trainers. I know some of you are also considering the possibilty of coaching or similar positions so this might also interest you. I have been going to physical therapy for the last few months. Well I had always needed to go to physical therapy all my life, and am back again. So I know ALOT about PT. Where I go now though, there are not only PT's but also Athletic Trainers. Which before recently, I did not know much of what Athletic Trainers did, especially that they often work in schools, both colleges and high schools.
Physical therapist in schools, I already knew about... I had a PT in school. During my gym period I would not only work with my gym teacher but also my PT. So part of the period of gym I would do the gym acticvity, and I would also do stretches and excercises with a Physical therapist.
I thought it was so interesting to learn that AT's are hired in school, because I had no idea they were even there! But looking back now, I realize I was lucky to go to a high school that actually does hire AT's. AT's like a physical therapist, helps peoople recover when they are injured, but from a particular sport. I also learned that Athletic Trainers monitor games that go on for each season, so they are right there to help if you get hurt. Because of being back in PT and now also working with AT's, I have a new respect for these people!
Do any of you already have an interest in Athletic Trainig or PT in an educational setting?
No comments:
Post a Comment