Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Teenage Parents and How Blogs are Keeping Them Going....

As teachers, it't important to keep in mind all the personal stuff adolescents deal with. Besides the pressures of school there is a lot of pressure for these students about college, sports, drugs, and sex. Many students are teenage parents for example. So not only do these parents have to worry about tomorrow's math test or an upcoming AP exam, they are dealing with changing diapers or reading a bed time story. It is a way of life for more students then you may realize, and even though its a challenge for these students, receiving an education is still possible. Here I found a blog specifically for teenage mothers, sharing there stories. http://www.circleofmoms.com/teenage-mothersyoung-mothers/Teenage-mothers-blog-Tell-your-true-story-277097  I believe that these blogs can provide encouragement, hope and motivation to keep these kids going! Do you know any teenage parents who use a blog? And do you think schools should encourage teenage parents to go to resources, such as blogs, to help them?

1 comment:

  1. Meghan,

    I totally love this post! You are so right! There a lot more teen parents than people think, and it is important to recognize that an education is still possible for all students, despite the diapers changing, etc. I don't personally know any teen parents but I defintely believe schools should encourage teen parents to go to resources such as a blog to share their stories.

    Have a good weekend!

    -Alison England

    ReplyDelete