Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Blogging and Students with Autism
Hi Guys! I saw an article recently, that gave me an idea for this post! I think, that perhaps blogging would be a great idea for students with autism. I keep seeing articles online, about how children with autism are loving the IPAD. So then I thought, maybe they would love to blog! In case you didnt know, children on the autism spectrum sometimes have a hard time socially, especially giving eye contact. But students with autism are often very bright. ( Also future teachers- NJ has the highest rate of children with autism). Many children with autism love technology and are good at using these things. We've discussed in class, how one of the benefits of blogging in school, is that students develop a certain writing style. A student with autism, may have an easier time expressing their thoughts on the computer, especially if computers is one of their strengths and interest. I have a feeling, that blogs may be able to communicate what these students in social situations ( face to face) sometimes have difficulty with. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment