Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Using technology for Therapeutic Education
For me personally, my goal is to become a special education teacher. I have experiences of working with children and adolescents with a variety of special needs- physical disabilities, learning disorders, and working with the emotionality disabled. I was reflecting on a past blog's comment on how writing, and writing in a format like this could become therapeutic. So, then I had a though: Using Technology for therapeutic education. Probably, a lot you are not so familiar with this term, or terms like " therapeutic boarding schools". These are schools, that often times are for youth at risk- they may have a disability or substance abuse addiction, This led to a little bit of research... and here for example is an article for using technology for emotionally/behaviorally disordered students, I thought some of you might want to look at. http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED339155.pdf. I am looking forward to learning more about assistive technology. and how technology is used in counseling services for youth! What are your thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment