Tuesday, February 15, 2011
English Courses and You Tube
On Monday, Sister Brigid used You Tube to provide our Shakespeare Plays of Love course a visual, as we read a long to the play. I do find that with watching a video or listening to the book on tape/online I understand my English texts a lot more. Which I thought it was interesting how being in this course, I now even see my professors teaching with technology! You Tube/ School Tube can be great " read along" tools! Also, my tutor told me about www.learnoutloud.com. This site has many books on tape, which you can download for free. I have found these tools help me. Any thoughts or other suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally agree with you! In our shakespeare class, these longs plays can be so hard to follow. We go through them so fast... Watching the videos on "Antony and Cleopatra" helped me understand what was going on so much better. It really gave me a feel for the characters and what they were portrayed to be like.
ReplyDelete