Hi Everyone,
Somehow a couple days ago, a freind of mine and I were talking about places we were interns or volunteers. It just so happens that we are interested in related fields, so we happen to have volunteered at many of the same places. I really enjoy volunteering, it makes me feel so good that I am helping others. During the summer, I want to volunteer somewhere.... So I was wondering if any of you had some suggestions? I reallly like volunteering with children and adolescents ( particulary special needs... as you can tell :) ). So if you know of a places with children please comment. How does volunteering make you feel? I will share with you some of my favorites of the places I have volunteered at so if you are interested, check them out!! :)
Matheny Medical and Educational Center: a special hospital and school for children and adults with medically complex developmental disabilities:http://www.matheny.org/about_matheny.htm
Horizon Schools ( Cerebral Palsy of Northern New Jersey) Schools- are not limited to educating students with cerebral palsy. Students’ diagnoses include a wide range of disabilities, including traumatic brain injuries, seizure disorders, developmental disabilities, autism spectrum, multiply disabled with hearing and/or visual impairments, Down syndrome, and preshool special needs http://cpnj.org/?page_id=36
Meghan, you have a really interesting blog. It always fills me in on what's new and education information. Hope your observations are going great! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Meghan, I really like your blog! I think it's really nice that you do a lot of volunteering! I'm sure there's some type of summer camp that you could maybe work at for children with special needs. I'm not sure of any places but maybe that would be something you would like to check into.
ReplyDelete