Monday, January 31, 2011

So what do you think of all this technology?

Well, the new semester seems very busy so far, but I like all my classes and professors. A lot of my classes are very technology oriented this semester it seems. Almost all of my classes are using a different type of website- some are on live text, others on black board, and moodle. It's a little crazy and overwhelming for me right now, but I know I will get better doing all this after using it more. Isn't it amazing how first graders are computer experts and know so much about ipads, ipods, cell phones, etc. As future teachers, we really do have a lot to learn! So I was wondering, how you all felt about young students using so much technology? I think there are some advantages and some disadvantages.... What do you think?

                              

1 comment:

  1. Meghan, You are getting the "hang" of it, for sure. Pose questions that force your readers to make comments.

    Never mind the first graders, how about the one year old that is walking around with the cell phone in his hand and pushing buttons and icons? How about the three year old who want to look at videos about trains on You Tube. Those are my two great nephews whom I see quite often. Technology is just a part of their lives. Have you seen any of the toddler games lately? They all have some type of technological component. It is truly amazing.

    Your blog is very nice. Now you should try to put in some gadgets. Experiment. See what you like. You can always delete what you do not like. Dr. Ries

    ReplyDelete